|Back to Blog|
From Booty Shorts to Skinny Jeans
I'm sure you've noticed the days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder, and the clothes in the stores are getting darker. As much as we don't want to put away our bikini (or fashionably fabulous one piece) the time has come to bring out the ever tight skinny jean! Now, just in case you're like me and have... fallen off the diet train the last month, we're going to help you get back on track with the top 3 workout and diet tips! Remember: I am not a certified dietician, doctor or trainer... I am just a girl who spends WAY too much time reading fitness magazines and websites. :)|
Work it out!
1. When it comes to fitness consistency is key. If you can only devote 10 minutes, do it! Walk around your work building during breaks, study while using the elliptical or play tag with your kids. As girls, we know how to multitask! Apparently, the professionals believe the key is to do at least 30 minutes of cardio four days a week.
2. Lift weights! Ladies, you can stay petite WHILE having muscles. And letís get serious, who doesnít want to be able to open the pickle jar when the boyfriend isnít around?! I mean when he is around, we of course need him. Muscles also speed up your metabolism, and help get rid of the evil cellulite! Also help fight cellulite when you're tanning by using the right lotion. Be Boldô, Be Desiredô and Be Lovedô all contain the Be-Beautiful Blend which helps firm skin!
3. Take a rest! It's important to at least rest your muscles one day of the week. This is my favorite rule!
1. Mom wasn't joking when she told you to eat your fruits and vegetables. Each meal should be half veggies, that includes breakfast friends! Tip: put spinach in an omelet. What a yummmy start to your day! Plus, a balanced breakfast helps keep your hunger levels stable to make additional healthy choices easier.
2. Find a meal structure that works for you. Are you a three large meals and two small snacks kind of girl? Or do you prefer 6 small meals a day? Consistency will help you learn what it means to be hungry and keep your hunger level from dropping to a ravenous lion! Tip: find out how many calories your body needs each day to lose weight - over AND under eating will stall your weight loss.
3. Forgive but don't forget! If you stray from your diet one day it's okay, get back on track the next! Just remember how tired, bloated, lethargic, ect you feel when you aren't eating right and working out. No feeling is worse than wanting to zip up that dress when it just isn't going to happen!
You may just see slow changes (usually I think my scale is broken) but you are making a difference! After all, someone has to rock the skinny jeans, so it might as well be you!